Are you suffering tooth pain and swelling gum problems?
Do you experience pain while eating?
Do you feel lingering sensitivity in the tooth when having cold and hot foods?
Dr. Kartik Poonja provides the best root canal treatment in Vashi, Navi Mumbai, for repairing the infected or damaged tooth for relieving dental issues like toothache, swelling in gums, sensitivity, etc.
Why choose Face Essentials Clinic for root canal treatment?
- Dr. Kartik Poonja, the founder of Face Essentials Clinic, is an expert dentist in Vashi, Navi Mumbai, with years of experience in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery.
- Dr. Kartik has expertise in intraoral and extraoral procedures. He has outstanding experience in treating patients with complex dental conditions; thus, his patients have enormous trust in him.
- The Face Essentials Clinic has state of the art dental infrastructure, including machinery and equipment of the latest technology.
Let us know about root canal treatment and how it relieves your dental issues.
What is a root canal treatment?
A root canal treatment repairs a tooth that is critically damaged or infected. A tooth's nerve and pulp can swell, produce infection due to intense decay, frequent dental procedures or large fillings, crack, or a chip in the tooth. It may also destroy the tooth pulp due to facial trauma.
During a root canal, the dental surgeon will remove the nerve and pulp tooth and clean and close the inner portion. Without treatment, the neighbouring tissue of the tooth will become infected and may form an abscess.
The actual process of the root canal treatment includes the below steps:
- Removal of the infected and irritated pulp
- Cleaning and disinfecting the root canals
- Loading the root canals with an inert rubber-like material (Gutta-percha)
- Sealing the root canals
- Crowning or capping the tooth
Benefits of root canal treatment:
- A root canal operates dental issues like tooth decay, gum swelling, tooth root diseases, etc.
- It maintains the facial features, limits the need for a permanent dental procedure, and allow you to enjoy your favourite food.
- It secures your jawbone and maintains a natural smile by guarding your teeth.
- A root canal treats the dental infection and assures that it does not reach your jawbone or ear.
- Executing a root canal will reduce severe tooth pain and let you use your teeth without having gaps in your dentition.
- Cost-efficiency and effortlessness are the leading cause of opting for a root canal treatment rather than having dental extractions.
- Added benefits include a low risk of tooth decay and better dental health.
Are you eligible for root canal treatment?
- Tooth sensitivity that lingers, particularly to cold or heat
- Sharp pain when eating or chewing.
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Swollen or tender gums
- Intense decay or darkened gums
If you face dental issues and want to know whether root canal treatment is the best choice for you, please contact us or visit Face Essentials Clinic. Our dental expert Dr. Kartik Poonja specializes in high-quality root canal treatment that helps restore your tooth functions and aesthetics.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How long does a root canal treatment continue?
The time required for a root canal procedure depends on the type of tooth involved. We consider about 1-2 hours of your time in the clinic. The treatment usually completes in a single visit, and some cases may need a second session.
Q. What to expect after the root canal procedure?
After your root canal treatment, your dentist will get a report of your treatment. You will need to talk to the clinic for a follow-up. Your dentist may choose the type of restoration required to protect your tooth.
Q. Is the root canal treatment costly?
Protecting your tooth by endodontic treatment is affordable and less invasive than extraction and replacement with a bridge or implant.
Q. Is root canal treatment painful?
Getting a root canal is usually painless than having a filling. Root canal treatment does not cause pain but reduces it. Advancements have made root canal treatment a nearly pain-free practice.
Q.Is the root removed in a root canal?
A root canal procedure does not extract the tooth, and it also usually functions. Though root canals remove the tooth's nerves, these nerves serve a minimum function in a fully developed tooth.