At Face Essentials, the best dental clinic in Navi Mumbai, we provide you with the most cost-effective and safe orthodontics treatment in Mumbai. Our founder and managing director Dr. Kartik Poonja is one of the best dentists in Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
We are a hi-tech dental clinic having state-of-the-art infrastructure, the latest equipment, and technology. Our exceptionally talented doctors are working for you throughout the week.
What exactly is Orthodontics treatment?
Orthodontics is the part of dentistry that corrects your improperly positioned teeth and jaws. It straightens and moves teeth that do not fit together properly. Crooked teeth and teeth that do not fit together accurately are tougher to clean. They are in danger of being damaged early due to tooth decay and other dental diseases. These can cause additional pressure on the biting muscles that can prompt migraines, TMJ condition, neck, shoulder, and back pain. Orthodontics not only improves your appearance but also improves your oral health.
Benefits of orthodontic treatment:
- The beautified appearance of your teeth and smile impacts your overall image and self-confidence.
- Your healthy teeth and gums are easy to clean and maintain. This can end the danger of creating holes and periodontal (gum) sickness after some time.
- Proper arrangement of your jaws and teeth helps in improving your capacity to chew.
- Well-aligned teeth and jaws will help you to get rid of mouth ulcers due to crooked teeth.
When do I need Orthodontic treatment?
- Overbite or "buck teeth": Here, your upper front teeth lie excessively far forward than the lower teeth.
- Underbite: Here, the lower teeth are too far ahead or the upper teeth exceptionally back.
- Crossbite: When the upper teeth do not come down somewhat before the lower teeth while tearing the food, it is a crossbite.
- Free nibble: In this case, there is a space between the biting surfaces of the front and side teeth while the back teeth chew food.
- Lost midline: While your upper teeth' focal point does not match your lower teeth' focal point.
- Gapping: When there is a space between the teeth due to missing teeth.
- Swarming: When there are several teeth in one place.
How will the orthodontist treatment be carried out at Face Essentials?
At our orthodontic clinic in Vashi, we first assess your teeth by carrying out a clinical examination. Our orthodontist will take X-rays of your teeth and jaws and also make plaster models of them.
After your teeth and jaws are evaluated, we will customize a treatment plan for you, which usually involves braces.
Braces put constant pressure on your teeth and slowly move them in a specific direction over a period of time.
The treatment for orthodontic braces in Vashi is done in three phases:
- Placement of the braces
- Periodic adjustments
- Use of retainers after the removal of braces
Types of orthodontic treatments available at Face Essentials:
- Metal Braces: It is the most commonly used fixed tools, like bands, wires, and brackets. We place these around your teeth. The Supports are generally changed month to month to achieve the ideal outcomes. It can take a couple of months to a couple of years to give you the best result.
These traditional metal braces consist of brackets attached to your teeth with an adhesive and connected by wire. They need periodic tightening so steady pressure can slowly straighten your teeth and align your jaw.
- Ceramic braces: Ceramic braces are similar to traditional metal braces, but the brackets are made of clear or tooth-coloured ceramic material rather than grey or metallic silver material. As they are less noticeable, many people opt for them during their orthodontic treatment in Vashi.
- Lingual braces: Lingual braces are fixed on the backside of the teeth facing the tongue rather than the teeth' front. Due to this, they are nearly invisible and allow a more discreet option for the patients. This is the main reason why it is one of the most popular orthodontic treatments in Vashi.
- Clear Aligners: Clear Aligners are custom-made, clear trays made of special material that fits snugly on your teeth and help straighten them just like braces. They use gentle, steady pressure to move the teeth in the required position without the hassles of metal wires and brackets. You can remove them while eating, brushing, and flossing.
Cost of orthodontic treatment:
The cost of the treatment is different for each and everybody. It depends on the problems that you want to treat. We at Face Essentials offer cost-effective treatment options that suit all budgets. However, the treatment cost will vary according to the type of braces you choose.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the most suitable age for visiting an orthodontist?
The treatment is not confined to any age, in particular. So, anybody can avail of these treatments.
Q. How long do I have to wear them?
The treatment can take six months to thirty months according to your needs. So, you need to wear those things till then.
Q. What is accelerated orthodontics treatment?
Accelerated orthodontics in Vashi provides the same results you get from conventional orthodontic treatments in a shorter time span. It works by encouraging new bone growth in your jaw.
Q. What is interceptive orthodontics?
Interceptive orthodontics are treatments that manipulate teeth eruption and correct abnormal bite by early intervention to improve future outcomes. Interceptive orthodontics in Vashi is one of the most preferred treatments for children.