A dental crown or tooth crown is a tooth-shaped cap or covering used to replace or protect a damaged tooth. It is used as a dental procedure to restore the tooth's shape and size and enhance its appearance. A crown is a cover or cap to protect the tooth. Crown makes a tooth stronger improves the way it looks. These dental crowns are made up of metals, ceramics, porcelain, and resin. They do not need any special care, but you have to maintain proper oral hygiene.
Dr. Kartik Poonja, one of the best dentists in Vashi, is an expert in performing dental procedures for his patients. His expertized knowledge is the resource for his patients.
A dental crown is required:
- If the cavity is large and it's too big to do the filling
- To protect a week or crack tooth from decay or breaking.
- To restore the tooth which has been severely broken down.
- To cover and support the tooth from more extensive filling.
- To protect the discoloured tooth.
- For cosmetic modification
- For the covering of the dental implant
- To hold the dental bridge.
The procedure of dental crown
- Step 1: Numbing of the tooth with local anaesthesia. If the tooth had a root canal surgery earlier, in that case, the filling is done to restore the tooth so that it can hold the crown.
- Step 2: The tooth is shaved down to reduce the size, and then the impression of the reduced tooth is taken from the scanner.
- Step 3: Our dentist will determine the tooth's shade by the shade card to ensure the dental crown's colour matches your regular teeth.
- Step 4: A temporary capping is made from acrylic material to cover the tooth. The cap is cemented with temporary cement, and it is removed once the permanent crown is ready.
- Step 5: Usually, a week's permanent crown is placed and inspected to fit on the tooth comfortably. Then by making the necessary adjustment, it is permanently done.
Cost of a dental crown:
At Face Essentials, The best dental clinic in Navi Mumbai, a dental crown cost ranges between Rs 7000 to Rs. 10000 depending upon the durability and material used in making the height. Different types of tooth crown have a diverse price range.
The cost of a gold crown can go up to Rs.30000to Rs.50000
All-porcelain crowns can range between Rs. 14000to Rs.35000
All Zirconia crown can range between Rs.8000to Rs.15000
All Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns range between Rs 16000to Rs.24000
Pros and cones of Dental Crown
- It reshapes your tooth so that when you smile, it looks good.
- Remove the discolouration in between the teeth.
- Replace the unwanted large fillings in the tooth
- Rearrange the teeth in a proper way
- Restore the cracked teeth
- After the root canal surgery, it protects the teeth.
- The material used in the making of the crown might crack. If there are multiple cracks, then you need a replacement of the crown.
- If the dental cement used to hold the crown softens, it allows bacteria to enter into the crown, damaging the tooth.
- In some cases, some allergic reactions might cause the usage of metal.
- Sometimes it might cause gum disease if the gum under the surgery tooth is swelling or bleeding.
- Teeth sensitivity might occur.
Why choose face essentials for dental crowns
At face essentials, Dr. Kartik provides the best cost-effective and safe treatment. It is one of the best dental crown clinics. Our team of experts believes that everyone is unique, and we aim to put in our best efforts to achieve 100% results. We provide high-quality service to our patients with the use of the latest and modern technology.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do you feel pain when treatment is going?
No, you will not feel pain while fitting the dental crown.
Q. How long does a dental crown last?
Well, it depends upon the type of cap you have purchased as the validity of the cap ranges from 3 years to 15 years.
Q. How long it takes to complete the procedure?
It takes around one week to complete the procedure.
Q. Can you eat after the surgery?
Yes, 2 hours after fitting the crown, you can eat your meal, but it should not be too hot or cold.