Fighting against tooth decay is one of the most common things. Everybody needs to do this in their lifestyle. People in Mumbai are not different in this case from others. Cavities are permanently damaged parts in the crown portion of your tooth. It is also called tooth decay. A combination of factors is responsible for this dental issue.
According to the reports, cavities and tooth decay are the most common dental issues in the world. Especially, children, teenagers and old people are most affected by this.
Cavities require proper treatment as it can lead you to severe pain in your tooth, infection, and loss of your tooth. Many people in Mumbai and the surrounding areas suffered from the cavity and decay. A regular visit to the dental clinic in Navi Mumbai and proper brushing and flossing can protect you from cavities and Decay in your tooth.
Let us see the Symptoms of the cavity.
The symptoms of cavities differ from person to person. In the beginning, you may not experience any of the symptoms of a cavity. Eventually, you will see the following symptoms as the Decay develops.
- The high sensitivity of your tooth
- Pain while eating and drinking any sweet, hot, or cold
- Noticeable holes in the tooth
- Staining on the surface of your teeth
- Pain while biting
So, when to visit a dentist for your dental cavity and tooth decay?
It is better to avail of regular dental check-ups and proper cleaning as you may not see any of the symptoms. However, you should visit the dental clinic immediately if you are experiencing any of the symptoms.
The complications of cavities are as follows:
- Severe pain
- Tooth abscess
- Pus and swelling around a tooth and gum
- Broken teeth
- Problems while chewing
- Mal positioning of your teeth
In severe cases, you will experience the following things-
- Rapid weight loss or problems in getting proper nutrition as you will not be able to eat properly.
- Your tooth loss can affect your appearance and confidence.
- Increased chance of bacterial infections that can lead you to health issues.
Now how to prevent it?
You should maintain good oral hygiene to avoid issues related to cavities and tooth decay. You can follow the followings-
- Brush your teeth with fluoride-based toothpaste regularly after eating and drinking. Proper brushing with fluoride-based toothpaste clears all the germs and remaining parts of food from your teeth. It protects your mouth from any kind of infections too.
- Properly rinse your mouth with water and anti-bacterial liquid. There are certain places in your mouth where toothbrushes can not reach. But cleaning is mandatory in those areas also. So, using the antibacterial liquid to wash your mouth is a good option. It will provide you relief from bad smell too.
- A regular visit to your dentist is compulsory. It will protect you from any upcoming complications. As, regular dental check-ups include proper clinical cleaning, flossing, and scrabbing. The areas in your mouth which are not possible to clean properly can be cleaned by the dentist. Again, if there is any symptom of any dental problem your dentist will address that on spot.
- Availing dental sealing technique is another way of preventing complications. If you have already developed a cavity and there is any hole in your teeth then sealing is necessary to protect the remaining parts.
- Avoid junk foods and other harmful snacks rich in sweet. Junk food and foods rich in sweet works as the catalyst to destroy your teeth.
- Make your eating habit a healthy one. Eating healthy food after chewing them properly is not only beneficial for your teeth and gum but your digestion also.
We at our clinic in Vashi provide all of these treatments to prevent tooth decay and cavities. Starting from tooth cleaning, extraction. we suggest the clinical treatment only after having a proper diagnosis