Teeth polishing is done to prevent dental conditions and to make teeth whiter, stain-free, and sparkling. This treatment helps improve oral hygiene and the appearance of the teeth.
First, let’s know,
The Purpose of Teeth Polishing
Teeth polishing was once considered a standard component of dental prophylaxis. However, it was quickly discovered that overuse of this procedure erodes the tooth structure's outermost coating. Teeth that lose their exterior structure are more susceptible to stains and plaque accumulation.
The protective fluoride coating that surrounds the teeth is often removed with repeated use of this process. Hence, few of the best dentists in Vashi recommend teeth polishing only for patients with severe teeth discolorations or dental problems.
What Types of Stains Can Teeth Polishing Remove?
- Endogenous and exogenous stains are the two kinds of dental stains.
- Internal stains, such as those produced by developmental or drug-induced enamel hypoplasia, are known as endogenous stains.
- Exogenous stains are stains that develop outside of the mouth due to bad oral habits and smoke.
- Only exogenous stains can be removed with tooth polishing; internal or endogenous stains are not removed.
What are the Types of Teeth Polishing?
The cementum covering the root is frequently exposed during dental procedures. Therapeutic polishing aids in the elimination of microorganisms and endotoxins from the cementum's surface.
Plaque and superficial dental stains are removed with this method of polishing. Abrasive agents make the enamel lustrous and superfine. The surface of the enamel is cleaned to the point that it can also reflect visible light.
The crown of the tooth is polished using this method. On the other hand, this technique has only minor curative effects and is used primarily to enhance the appearance of the teeth.
Extrinsic stain removal or partial stain removal are other terms for selective polishing. Following a scaling process, this polishing method is advised to eliminate any residual stains.
The Benefits of Teeth Polishing
- It helps remove dental deposits, plaque, and microorganisms growing on the teeth' outer surface.
- The most significant benefit of tooth polishing over tooth scaling is, it is a painless treatment.
- In addition, patients immediately note that their teeth are clean and smooth after the process. And they step out of the dental clinic in Vashi with a pleasing and sparkling smile.