Missing tooth is a prevalent issue related to your oral wellbeing. Many people in Mumbai suffer from missing teeth. Whereas, most of them do not know how much it can cost them if not treated properly. Hence, it can result in various long-lasting side effects along with severe health issues. Here, an experienced dentist in Vashi, Navi Mumbai,, can explain everything about the missing teeth and related complications.
In this article, we are going to discuss the hidden risks associated with the missing tooth.
We are going to start with an overview of Missing teeth:
If you are suffering from tooth decay, a disease in your gum, or injury, you may experience missing teeth. A missing tooth is a vacant place in your dental set. In most cases, you may face the issue of missing teeth in cases of upper lateral incisors, premolars, and wisdom teeth.
Now, let us see what the types of hidden health risks related to tooth loss are:
- The most common issue is the shifting of teeth. When there is a vacant place due to missing teeth, the surrounding or remaining teeth start to shift and fill the gap. Hence, you will require surgical treatments to solve the issue. As a result, it will require time and increase your expenses.
- This abnormal tooth shifting can lead you to bite problems as well. In some cases, you will face accidental bite and severe pain associated with it. Unnatural movement of teeth, as mentioned above, can also cause additional.
- Artificial teeth and accidental biting can result in painful mouth ulcers also. It can hamper your ability to speak and chew due to mouth sores.
- Your gum is at high risk due to the vacant space. It increases the risk of various gum diseases. Even the accumulation of food particles in your gum can provide a breeding ground for bacteria. If you leave it untreated, it can trigger gum diseases as well.
- Not only that it can trigger numerous diseases, but it can also create trouble in your regular oral activities. Without teeth, you will not be able to chew food properly. Hence, all those unchewed food can lead you to digestive troubles. You may suffer from the scarcity of essential nutrients as you will not be able to eat correctly. As a result, it will hamper your health.
- If your jaw bone becomes affected due to missing teeth, it can be dangerous. Eventually, you will lose your remaining teeth as well. As a result, you will see an unexpected change in your facial structure. For example, you will experience sagging and an older appearance. It can bring down your self-confidence also.
So, how can you replace the missing teeth?
There are a few processes available in our clinic that can help you solve the issue. But dental implants are the best possible solution for you. Here is why we prefer dental implant surgery.
- Dental implants are prosthetic tooth roots made of titanium. They can easily adjust to your bones. Your body even accepts these metals without any problem. Hence, it does not produce any pain.
- After completion of the treatment, they look and function the same as your natural teeth.
- The treatment is having the highest rate of success in comparison to other dental procedures.
- Over everything, a dental implant can last throughout your lifetime. It will not create any trouble in the future if you can maintain proper oral hygiene.
Along with dental implants, bridges, dentures, and overdentures can also help you solve the issue. However, these can increase the risk associated with anatomical structure and damage in adjacent teeth.
These methods can decrease the possibility of tooth decay and cavities, and infections to your gum. In the case of dentures and overdentures, they can harm your remaining surrounding teeth too. It can lose these natural teeth from your gum after some time.
On the other hand, a full denture may put pressure on your jaw bone. It also can damage your bone structure if you use it for a continuous period.
Though these options are less costly yet, we suggest you opt for the best remedy, i.e., dental implants.
At Face Essentials Clinic, Mumbai offers exceptional and highly customized services for tooth or teeth restorations. Please book your appointment with us to avail the best treatment